• What have been your biggest challenges? How did you overcome them?
My biggest challenge is trying to avoid burning out by switching off entirely from the business every now and again. This is extremely difficult as the emails pile up and I start itching to reply to them.
• What have been your greatest successes?
I think what the Tom Cridland brand has done well so far is to focus on meticulously developing products one by one, rather than rushing to a whole collection of clothing without thinking; this is reflected in the quality and attention to detail evident in all our products.
• What are your top tips for SMEs?
• Hang on to your cash
• Don’t get ripped off
• Do your own PR and spend a lot of time on it
• Depending on the field, associating your brand with high profile names always helps